How to Choose Your Retirement Plan
What Do I Do First?
- Review Retirement Choice Election workbook.
- Register for a Plan Choice Election Webinar.
- Watch Retirement Choice Election video.
- Discuss your options with your family and your financial advisor.
- Review the appropriate Member Guide.
- Complete the Retirement Choice Election form and submit it prior to your 6-month deadline. Election forms are available on the SURS Member Website. To be able to access the Member Website you must have a SURS Member ID number. SURS will issue a Member ID number after receiving an Employment Certificate from your employer.
- Contact us if you have questions.
Remember, if you do not choose a plan within 6 months, you will be permanently enrolled in the Traditional plan. This may not be a bad choice, but it may not be the best one for you. While you have 6 months to make this decision, there is a significant difference in the state contribution benefit related to the timing of enrollment in the Self-Managed Plan.