The State Universities Retirement System (SURS) is one of the five state-funded retirement plans that provide retirement, survivor, death and disability benefits on behalf of more than 227,000 members from 61 employers in Illinois, including state universities, community colleges and state agencies. SURS administers benefits and oversees a large, investment program with assets approximating $20.3 billion as of June 30, 2017.
- Investigate and support business application processing
- Perform analysis of business applications. Design solutions in response to requirements or new business needs. Fulfill project management responsibilities for assigned projects.
- Programming, testing and implementation of business applications
- Organizational interaction and project responsibility
- Responsible for creating, developing, and maintain the SURS business application software
Additional desirable credentials
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Degree from accredited college in data processing
- Knowledge and experience in development of automated computer systems is required.
- Application Development skills: analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation
This position is 100 percent time. The percentage of time in this position is not negotiable.
Apply for this Position
Applicants should submit a completed SURS application, current resume, and a dated cover letter to Humanresources@surs.org. This position is subject to a background check as terms of hire.
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.