The State Universities Retirement System (SURS) is one of the five state-funded retirement plans and provides retirement, survivor, death and disability benefits on behalf of more than 230,000 members from 61 employers in Illinois, including state universities, community colleges and state agencies. SURS administers benefits and oversees a large investment program with assets approximating $21.8 billion.
The System Operator assists in operating and monitoring computer equipment; performs routine tasks to maintain computer equipment and their peripherals by established procedures; observes peripheral equipment and error messages displayed on monitor of terminal to detect faulty output or machine stoppage; and recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems. System Operator works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.
- Determines sequence of operations by studying production schedule
- Prepares equipment for operations by accessing software in computer; loading paper into printers and plotters; and preparing for output
- Starts operations by entering commands
- Maintains operations by monitoring error and stoppage messages; observing peripheral equipment; entering commands to correct errors and stoppages; reloading paper; making adjustments in process; notifying supervisor for additional resources
- Documents problems and actions by completing production logs
- Resolves user problems by answering questions and requests entered via Team Dynamix
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and tests; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; and evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; and verifying receipt of supplies
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Contributes to team effort by working as part of project teams as necessary
Desirable Credentials and Qualifications:
- Requires an associate degree or its equivalent
Apply for this Position
This position is 100% in-office time. Applicants are subject to a background check as terms of hire.
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.