Under the direction of the SURS executive director, the chief diversity officer (CDO) will:
- Support the organization through the development, implementation, and coordination of efforts to foster an inclusive environment.
- Help develop and support a strategy that will lead to a comprehensive and actionable company-wide diversity strategy that builds upon the organization’s ability to attract, respect, support and celebrate diversity in all forms.
- Create a diversity subcontracting policy to ensure the engagement of minority-owned money managers as well as other contractors by SURS.
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree and demonstrate progressive administrative responsibilities throughout their career. Preference will be given to those candidates who possess an advanced degree.
- Have a track record of success coordinating and/or leading a broad range of diversity initiatives to include experience developing programs and coordinating and facilitating workshops; experience contracting and subcontracting with historically underrepresented groups, financial services, and recruitment of diverse money managers; the ability to think strategically; and an understanding of how to engage and build productive relationships.
Personal Qualifications and Characteristics:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- The highest professional and personal integrity.
- A genuine appreciation for fostering diversity, equity and inclusion.
- The ability to work independently and cooperatively with various levels of administrators and staff.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent judgment and organization skills.
- Demonstrated experience as a collaborator who inspires confidence and trust.
- Experience working with minority contracting, subcontracting, financial services and diverse money managers.
- Insurance benefits, including medical, vision and dental.
- Participation in SURS retirement plan.
- Paid vacation, sick leave and 11 paid holidays.
- Business casual attire.
Apply for this Position:
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc., an executive search firm, is assisting SURS in the CDO search. Review of confidential applications and nominations will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Screening of candidates will begin immediately. A complete application includes a letter of interest describing experience relevant to the position requirements; current resume/curriculum vitae; and contact information for five professional references. Nominations should include the nominee’s name, position, address, telephone number and email. Application materials should be submitted electronically as PDF attachments.
Confidential inquiries, nominations and application materials should be directed to:
Marion Frenche, Practice Leader, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Search Manager and Senior Executive Search Consultant
Julie Holley, Senior Executive Search Consultant
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc.
42 Business Center Drive,
Suite 206 Miramar Beach, Florida 32550
Phone: 850-650-2277 / Fax: 850-650-2272
This position is subject to a background check as terms of hire.
SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.